Call for Participation
GIS Day cannot be successful without the participation of the GIS community. There are many different ways that you can take part in an event. Please look over the categories and consider taking part.
- GIS Day takes nearly $1500 to put on each year. A major task of the planning committee is to find sponsors willing to cover the costs of such things as the venue, presentation equipment, and prizes for the map gallery. If you can donate even a small amount, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Exhibit Table:
- Do you have a unique application of GIS that you want to show off to your public and your peers. Here's your chance. Exhibit tables are set up around the map gallery and run throughout the event.
- The presentations are the highlight of GIS Day. Here's a chance to go more in-depth about what your working on. Our presentation generally run 30 minutes with extra time for questions and answers. if you've seen a great presentation at another event, or know of somebody that you would be interested in hearing from, let us know about it, and we'll do our best to get them there.
- Share your work with the North Bay GIS community and the general public by displaying your maps and posters at GIS Day.
- All maps on display automatically qualify for our Professional Mapping Contest.
For more information please contact